Lawrence Ferlinghetti is an American poet, artist and social activist. His contribution to society and the field of literature has made him a notable figure.
Birth Name: Lawrence Ferlinghetti
Profession: A social activist, poet and artist.
Death: Feb 22nd, 2021.
Date Of Birth: March 24, 1919
Age: 101 years
Sun Sign: Aeries
- He graduated from the University of North Carolina, earning a BA degree in journalism in 1941.
- He then graduated from Columbia University with a degree in English Literature in 1947.
- After that, he went to Paris for his Doctorat de l’Université de Paris, “tronshonourable” at the Sorbonne in 1951.
- He lost his father before he was born.
- He, unfortunately, was then separated from his mother too, as she was confined to a mental hospital.
- He has two children, Lorenzo Ferlinghetti and Julie Ferlinghetti.
- Lawrence married Selden Kirby Smith in 1951.
- However, they divorced each other in 1976.
Best Known For:
- His best-known works are “A Coney Island of the Mind”, 1958, which received a lot of acclaim and applause from his readers.
- https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/books/g35604273/lawrence-ferlinghetti-death-poems-books/ : This article right here, talks about the 7 essential books written by him. These are the works that Ferlingheti is best known for even today.
- The total net worth of Lawrence Ferlinghetti is 1.6 million dollars. ($).
Social Media Portfolio:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lawrence_ferlinghetti/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lawrenceferlin1
Some Lesser Known facts:
- Lawrence has written more than 30 poetry books, which have received immense love.
- San Francisco renamed a street in the poet’s honor, owing to his outstanding contributions to the literature world.
- He was given the title of “The First Poet Laureate of San Francisco”.
Thank you for reading the biography till the end.